SSC CGL 2014 Exam Dates have been announced. Despite, 2014 being an Election Year in India and Finance Minister's Recent Comment that there will be No Hiring for Central Government Jobs in 2014
SSC CGL Exam is one of the Most popular exam in India, because every year it attracts over 1 Million candidates, who appear for this Exam. You know why this exam is popular, because after passing this Exam, you will get Non-Gazatted Central Govt. Jobs in various Departments/Ministries. In one of our previours posts, we have written a complete overview of Upcoming SSC CGL Exam in 2014
Apart from Combined Graduate Level Exam, SSC also conducts several other Competitive and Departmental Exams. You can check the complete List along with Examination Dates at the link given below:
SSC Exams 2014 : Complete List
Today in this post, we are going to Share the SSC CGL Notification 2014. Although the Exam Dates have been announced, yet the Notification will be out on 18th January, 2014. We are providing the Notification and Exam Details in advance, so that students can start preparing for the exam and not wait for the Last Few week OR Months.
Read this SSC CGL 2014 Short Notification, Till end and If you have any questions, ask them through the Comments section given at the end of this post.
SSC or Staff Selection Commission is basically an organization which will recruit people for various Govt. jobs at sub- ordinate Level. SSC Combined Graduate Level Exams conducts once in a year for the selection of candidates for the main exam. The SSC Combined Graduate Level Exams will be held in the month of April. Candidates declared qualified by the commission can be eligible for the recruitment to various sub ordinate services such as:-
- Assistants in Ministers/ Departments. Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
- Inspectors of central Excise and customs.
- Examiner in customs.
- Preventive officers in customs.
- Sub inspector in Delhi Police and CBI.
- Sub Inspectors in BSF, CRPF, ITBP and CISF.
- Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor and UDCs in various offices of government of India.
The SSC or Staff Selection Commission is headed by a chairman with two members and a secretary-cum- controller examinations. The minimum qualification for the examination is Graduation from any recognized University.
Before you proceed below to read eligibility criteria and other details, keep an eye on the important dates as given below:-
- Dates of Advertisement:- 18th January 2014.
- Closing dates for registration:-14th February 2014.
- Date of exam:-27th April 2014 and 4th may 2014.
SSC Exam Pattern Graduate Level
The syllabus for the Combined Graduate Level Examination:-
- In the written Examination, there will be general intelligence and reasoning, General awareness, Numerical aptitude and English comprehension.
- In the Main written Examination, there will be arithmetical ability, English language comprehension and commerce/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Economics.
- In the personality test and interview, the main written exam consist only English and comprehension.
What is the Eligibility Criteria?
Nationality: Candidates must be the permanent resident of India.
- The age of candidate must be lie between 20 to 27 years for the posts of Assistant Grade& Sis in CBI.
- The age of candidate must be lie between 18 to 27 years for the posts of inspectors of CE/ IT and Div. accountants/ Auditors/ UDCs etc.
- The age of candidate must be lie between 20 to 25 years for the posts of Sis in CPOs.
- The upper age limit may be relaxed in case of SC/ ST/ OBC and other reserved categories.
Candidates must have completed their degree from any recognized university.
Preference will be given to those candidates who have NCC ‘B’ or NCC ‘C’ Certificate or outstanding sports or athletic certificates.
Physical standards:Candidates have to satisfy the minimum physical standards required to undergo a physical test.
Selection process: The Selection Process for various posts advertised under SSC CGL Exam 2014 comprises of Written Test (Tier-1 and Tier-2) followed by Interview / Skill test.
Candidates will first have to appear for Tier-1 Exam (Objective Type). Those who are declared Successful in Tier-1 Exam, will be shortlisted and have to appear in the Tier-2 Exam.
Again the Successful ones in the Tier-2 Stage, will be called for the Interview OR Skill test. The Merit List will be prepared based on the candidates performance in the Tier-1, Tier-2 and Interview/Skill test.
How to apply?
- The application form must be submitted in the prescribed format published in the Employment newspaper. Apart from paper Application form, there is also a provision to submit the application Online through Online Registration mode.
- Applicants are advised in their own interest to keep an eye on the Notification Dates of SSC CGL 2014 Exam. As per the Information available, the SSC CGL Notification will be published on 18th January 2014 and closing Date of Online Registration is 14th Feb, 2014
- For Submitting the application form, through Online Mode, Deatiled Instructions will be given in the Official Notification. For Online Version of Advt. applicants are advised to regularly check the Official SSC Website (www.ssc.nic.in)
Note: Apart from the Offcial Website, you can Bookmark (Control+D) this page, for getting On time updates of SSC CGL-2014 Exam.
If you have any questions regrading the Notification Dates, Syllabus, Study Material of SSC CGL Exam, then post your comments in the comment Section given below.